I'm officially 3 weeks into my sugar-free 2020 personal challenge. Here's what I'm learning so far:
1. Added sugar seems to be in, literally, everything. Reading over ingredients and nutrition labels has been a bit surprising.
2. I feel like removing added sugar has helped me taste the natural sweetness of some vegetables a little better.
3. From a fitness perspective, all of my benchmark workouts are holding steady or improving.
4. I crave salt and fat. Self control with those two things is going to take some work; especially when the fat is healthy like nuts and seeds. Portion control is tricky.
5. Not sure about any weight loss yet. Promised that I would officially weigh in on the 1st of every month so that I don't become preoccupied with the number on the scale.