Well, Independence Day is here, which can only mean one thing...Camp Phoenix is right around the corner!
While we will not be staying in tents, there are quite a few similarities between traditional camping and Camp Phoenix. Now, that might be a HUGE turnoff for some folks, but here me out on this one. Here are my top 5 reasons YOU would love camping the Phoenix way.
Sensei Bob's Top 5 Reasons YOU Will LOVE Camp
1. Get away- Sometimes it's nice to get away for the weekend and forget about the responsibilities of work and household chores. It's also an awesome weekend to focus on yourself and your own growth.
2. Community building- Now, you wont be in solitude at all, but you will be surrounded by like-minded people all there to accomplish one primary goal: to train. When like-minded people gather together for any length of time, strong bonds can be formed. I've met some great friends at Camp Phoenix in the past. Whether you're a brand new student, or a seasoned veteran, you will leave Camp realizing that you are a vital part of something much bigger than yourself. That, is a feeling too few people experience.
3. Satisfaction on a job well done- You're going to work hard, there's no doubt about that. You're going to sweat. Your feet are going to be sore. You're going to be exhausted. But, you're going to be proud of the work you put in. You'll share stories with your friends and coworkers about everything you accomplished in such a relatively short time, and they will look at you like you're a superhero.
4. The setting- Camp Phoenix is held on the beautiful campus of Mount St. Mary's University. Nestled in the hills between Frederick, MD and Gettysburg, PA, it's always a gorgeous view and secluded from much of the busyness of the DC Metro area.
5. The timing- Camp Phoenix is smack dab in the middle of your summer...and that's exactly what you need. If you're anything like me, you're exhausted by mid-July. Getting away for a weekend to train and recharge can be a huge motivator to push you through to Labor Day!
Room assignments (your own private dorm room) are being finalized soon, so there's still time to register. To learn more about Camp Phoenix, check out this link: https://www.forgemd.com/camp-phoenix.html
To register for Camp, contact your instructor (or me directly) now!
Hope to see you there!